Thursday, June 4, 2009

Oh, really?

Anyone else notice how effing ridiculously outdated my sidebars are?

Let's talk about the last time I picked up the needles -- well before Em's wedding. Truth is, since I've been engaged (and subsequently planning the most inexpensive DIY wedding in the history of the world), all creative energy and manpower has been poured into wedding prep, research, and planning. Linds' birthday was APRIL 24TH and her gift isn't even DONE!

And how about that OTG? It's been the same for MONTHS. It disgusts me. Disgusts me no less than the fact that I haven't even created another OnTheGo since. Yeck.

So here's the story: I am 100% NOT stressed out about my wedding. And I won't be. But balance needs to happen, and it needs to happen quickly. I'm off tomorrow, and looking at a hefty to-do list, but #1 on that list is "Get your shit together". I will plan a wedding, complete knitting projects, perform well at work, train for a half marathon, and remain somewhat in tune with the music scene. There is no reason these goals cannot exist in perfect harmony.

I'm feeling ambitious. I've even added "Final Blog about Em's wedding" to Friday's to-do (although it did get a B1 ranking -- only FranklinCovey diehards might get that reference). If it's up tomorrow, you'll know I'm succeeding. If not... I'm half dead on the couch with a marathon of the last 4 eps of "Grey's".

Either way, I'll be happy. :)

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

no worries about my little prezzie being on the needles,and i wouldn't worry about your OTG, it is full of gems.
gl with whatever you do work on today... but if it were me marathon dvr sesh would be A1 status!

Emily Malone said...

you are great. i have missed your witty blogs and updates, but there could never be enough even if there were ten each day:)

i am proud to say i did NOT get the franklin covey joke:)

hoping the em wedding recap happens eventually, but no rush lady. i havent even recapped it myself - its soooo overwhelming!

dont forget you have one bridesmaid and one bridesmaid-zilla who are ready and willing to do ANYTHING for you that we can:)

we are both just a comment, blog post, text, email, wall post, or phone call away! :)

can we all make a pact to NEVER start twittering? i'll lose my job.

Stacey Styles said...

Whether its training for a half-marathon or a half-marathon of Grey's you're still the bessst! :)

Mary Ann* said...

Stacey Styles, I am loving the addition of your comments to this blog! Things can only look up from here! :)