Monday, July 21, 2008

Moving right along.

Staycation, day 3.

So far, so good! One beach trip resulted in a bit too much sun exposure on shoulders and arms due to a lot of time spent in the water. Sunday Deane and I woke up early (9 am! Early for me!) and headed straight to the beach (after feeding all the animals, which is a bit of a process these days), excited by the prospect of a rain-free morning. Surf was glassy and waist high, so we took our boards and bodyboards for some fun. I probably caught about ummm, 6 waves, maybe, to Deane's easy ten thousand, but I had a lot of fun lounging in the ocean. Unfortunately, I no longer trust my digital camera at the beach (there was a rough sandstorm incident), so I have supplied a stock photo of Fernandina's finest surfer. I have better, but that would require me logging out of Deane's XP and into my own, and yes, I am just. that. lazy.


Today we took our (my) sunburned arms to the movies to see The Dark Knight. I had mixed feelings about this. I didn't even see Batman Begins, first of all, and I was also feeling pretty mixed up about seeing Heath's final (full) performance. I decided to wait until after the weekend rush and try for a quiet Monday afternoon matinee, in case I suffered any crying attacks, sudden need to leave, or loud proclamations of undying love (I was a big fan. BIG. Like, I spent money on ebay on packages of magazine clippings about this man. My high school friends and college roommates understand the obsession). His performance was amazing, natch (!), and the rest of the film was really great, too. No spoilers here, but I was overwhelmed with a cheesy feeling of the potential for good in mankind near the end.


I also managed to make a little progress on my list! Last night I did a monster.com search and found some potential. I will mention here that this will be the last of my public internet job discussion, as I fear some corporate spys (trust me, she's *that* nuts). But those close to me will know of any developments.


Anakin's blanket is being worked on every free minute, and good thing, because he is due ANY DAY! 16 rows per day+ is going well so far. I am on my second skein of yarn, so that marks the halfway point! Michael, this proves that I am *not* a deadline knitter (never claimed to be!), so Anakin won't be returning home from the hospital with his Linus inspired throw, but he will have it within the first three months of his life. :)


Tomorrow I plan on cleeeeeeeeeeeaning, hitting the beach again (with "The Beach House", thanks Linds!), and purchasing Sugarland and Miley on iTunes. Reviews to come. In country music news, can anyone tell me why me all-time favorite Keith Urban song is being touted as his latest single?

1 comment:

Emily Malone said...

NO IDEA why "Good in My Shirt" is his "new" single. Equally confusing, Brad Paisley's "new" single is "Waiting on a Woman" from TWO albums ago!

Boys, I love you, but I am not fooled. Make a new album! Trust me, I will buy it.