Saturday, July 19, 2008

Staycation.

First of all, an apology for my brief absence. How dare I disappoint my loyal readers by not posting for EIGHT days. (This is humorous, see, because the only people that read this are Mom, Em, and Linds, and I have communicated with them all several times over the course of those eight days).

Today marks the first day of my staycation. Technically, I'm on vacation from work, but I'm not going anywhere. I mean, I live at the beach! I am happy to have some time to enjoy myself in my favorite place -- HOME. Also exciting is the fact that I'll save about 150 bucks this week NOT driving to work. I do want to make sure I take advantage of this rare time away from the grind, however, so here are a few goals:

1. Finish and block Colts intarsia square (this is v. close to being done, but I am terrified I made the floats too tight and the pattern will be puckered. Fear of failure has prohibited me from finishing this project so far).
2. Go to the beach at least 4 separate days (darken skin by minimum of 3 shades).
3. Think about current job zero times.
4. Search for better job with nice, normal, non-bipolar boss who understands how lovely I am (or at least update my monster.com resume).
5. Blog bi-daily.
6. Knit a minimum of 16 rows (arbitrarily decided, 10 too few, 20 too many, has to be an even number) per day on Anakin's blankie.
7. Deep clean house and truck.
8. Clear DVR to at least 50% capacity (currently is 72% full).
9. Research travel options for DLO September reunion.

There are a few others, as well, but these are the important ones. I need to concentrate on knitting and absorption of UV rays to get myself back to... well, myself! De-funkified.

More updates v. soon!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

hope you get through a lot of "the beach house" on your 4 beach days. jealousy.

Erin said...

Hey! I read, too!!! ;)

Emily Malone said...

so jealous. wishing i could take a vacation and hang out on your staycation.

maybe some beach pics posted soon? need to live vicariously through you, as there is no beach contact in my future.

staycation needs to involve you puchasing a plane ticket to cincy (or anywhere within 100 miles), a lawn ticket to T. Keith on Sept. 12th, and a DLO group purchase of tickets to Kenny/Keith on Sept. 13th.

Mary Ann* said...

Cop, did not mean to leave you out! Of course I treasure each and every reader like the gems that they are :)

Emily Malone said...

copple needs a blog. perhaps under the pretense of tv show reviews? and then you will just talk about your personal life like we do? :)

Erin said...

Ha! I am a gem! And need a blog! :)

I've flirted with the idea of blogging (since I read blogs obsessively and have for years).

But I fear that my blog would be very boring, as my most entertaining stories involve my crazy students, and that would be inappropriate to post about under my given name. *sigh*

But thanks! I'll let you know if such a thing comes to pass....