Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Does anyone have a calculator?

**Attention: If you have not yet watched 'The Biggest Loser: Families' finale, and plan to, do *not* read from this point on.

Ok, I got home after work/shopping for a new outfit for DM visit today around 11 pm last night, but I knew I had to watch the BL finale. I was pulling for Michelle, and I had seen all the bio pieces every other 17 times they have shown them throughout the season, so I figured the 2 hours of DVRed fluff could be narrowed down to about 40 minutes with proper editing.

Here's the big question of the night: If America had voted for Heba to be a finalist, would she have beaten out Michelle (LOVE you Michelle, WTG!)? I deleted the ep before I even thought about it, but I *think* Heba had lost over 50% of her body weight, and Michelle lost 110 of her original 224 (?) pounds, which would have put Heba ahead.

That said, THANK YOU AMERICA, for not voting that big meanie into the finalists' circle. She controlled everyone (especially her husband), but she couldn't control the nationwide vote! Everyone from this season looked great, especially Jared, who really has his life back. I can't wait to start watching the next season ('Couples', AGAIN, don't *any* NBC producers read my blog? Can I getan AllStars?) on January 6th.

January will also mark the return of the Tuesday night fight for my DVR love, when Idol comes back to Fox! This season will have some changes: the addition of a 4th female judge (with someone else's quips to listen to, will the episodes be stretched to 2 1/2 hours?), a drastically reduced airing of the audition rounds (prompted by the obsessed Paula Abdul fan/rejected auditioner suicide), more footage of the Hollywood rounds, and the return of the wildcard vote (I love this round. Who can forget Clay singing, "Don't Let the Sun Go Down?").

Hey, isn't this blog supposed to be about knitting...? I promise to return to my blogging roots after my holiday gifts have been distributed!

4 comments:

Emily Malone said...

MA - you are CORRECT! That sick fatty Heba WOULD HAVE WON had she made it to the finale. I for one did my part in voting for Ed my alloted ten times:)

Biggest surprise of the night for me was Amy P. She looked effing amazing. Note: she also would have beat Michelle if she was in the finale!

But props to Michelle, who looked amazing, and more importantly, made Vicky look like a total fool.

Here's hoping that next season's contestants are actually there to lose weight, and not just ruin my Tuesday nights.

Can't wait for January! :)

Lindsey said...

My prob is that there is no way to actually make this show fair. Heba would have won because she lost the most percentage, but she had the most to lose because she was a beast on wheels before the show.
Despite a higher starting weight, of course her end goal was going to be the same as the other girls (around 140 seemed to be the norm).

Was anyone totally freaked out by the alien-like look most of the now-skinng faces had> I mean way to go on the size 6 but your face looks like an outer space creature!

Lindsey said...

LOVE the Christmas card pic attention to the blog!!!!

BS said...

Much better spoiler alert.