Tuesday, December 30, 2008

iTunes FTL (angry face)!

As demonstrated fairly regularly on this blog, I'm pretty shameless. I admit to liking music others find atrocious, I blog regularly about what most would consider a v. unhealthy television addiction, and I often post about free food deals at fast food joints. The thing is, I see no reason to hide my guilty pleasures, and if even one person can benefit from the "information" contained in my blog, I've done my part.

That said, I have no problem telling my readers that, after last night's debut of The City, I logged onto the iTunes store to download not one, but two Pussycat Dolls songs. The first was "Top of the World", the theme song to Whitney's new gig. After the second ep of the hour premiere, there was a video clip for PCD's "I Hate this Part", so I figured I needed that, too (who doesn't love a good, healthy, choking sob-inducing breakup song?). "I Hate this Part" was not difficult to locate, but "Top of the World" (the song I even bothered logging in to the iTunes store for) was NOWHERE. I searched everything imaginable, and it is not there. This isn't the first time iTunes has done this to me, and I don't think it's an unreasonable demand to expect current songs that are featured on the radio or television shows (watched by millions of tweens, the iTunes target demo) to be available for purchase. I am not that on the cutting edge of what's new in music!

I was so upset that I didn't download a single thing. Instead, I revamped my OTG for a special occasion occurring this morning. For the first time in (honestly?) probably 18 months, I went to the GYM. I use my shuffle during any type of exercise (my out of shape ass can't take the added weight of the 80G video), so my OTG isn't technically an OTG, more like the first ten songs on my shuffle's playlist. It's posted anyway, though... that holiday stuff had to go. I'm sure I will utilize more oldie-but-goodie workout songs as I take advantage of my coupon for a 30 day free membership (let's face it, a gym contract is not in my financial future). If you'd like to download any of these gems, I would *not* recommend iTunes.

3 comments:

Emily Malone said...

my favorite "new" (as in old song, newly added to my running playlist) song to run to is rihanna's disturbia.

CANNOT get enough.

Mary Ann* said...

I looooove 'rehab'!

'Next time you wanna go on and leave, I should just et you go on and do it, cause now I'm usin' like I bleeeeeeed...'

The 'disturbia' bassline is def workout material!

phuong said...

Toronto contains several attractions such as the Ontario Place, Harbourfront, and Canada's Wonderland. The Toronto Zoo is also a wonderful place to visit after a day of shopping at the St. Lawrence Market, which contains over 20,000 stores to choose from. Transportation is not a problem in this beautiful city.Toronto Homes For Saleclases particulares madrid