Thursday, December 11, 2008

MA Guide.

Cheers to Bravo's 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' for another fine episode this week. Thank goodness we have taken it back to the OC -- New York was mildly entertaining but ultimately forgettable, and Hot-lanta was a hot mess. Only Vicki, Jeana, Lauri, Tamra, and Gretchen (the new girl!) can do it right. This week's ep included some awesome footage of downtown Indy, IMS, and the 500 in all its glory, including cameos by racing greats.

Jeers to the same network, for teasing one housewife's departure, and airing a trailer for next week's episode during the first commercial break. The teaser for next week included the introduction of the newest housewife and showed the group photo, which, even at 4x DVR fast forward, I could see did *not* include Lauri. Way to blow the suspense! Boo, Bravo!

Now, Deane and I had a bet going in to this week's 'Housewives' sesh -- my money was on Lauri to leave, choosing to deal with her son's heroine addiction in a more private setting (of course I was right). He thought newcomer Gretchen would be the one to go, leaving the limelight to take care of her ailing (and older) boyfriend, Jeff, who was recently diagnosed with acute leukemia (wikipedia spoiler alert: Jeff passed away on September 13th of this year).

I don't even know if any of my readers watch 'Housewives', but if you don't, you should start!

In other viewing this week (actually, it's all been done today, on my v. rainy, dreary day off...!), I had an idea while watching The Biggest Loser. Bob mentioned that the season one winner, Ryan, has gained back alllll the weight he lost while on the show. As I found myself pondering the fate of other contestants, I was hit with a brilliant idea! Season 7 should feature the return of previous participants in the show who have not managed to keep their weight off. Let's get them back on the ranch and find out what issues we didn't deal with the first time around. Think of the things Jillian would have to say!

In even more TV news, I was attempting to uncover the date for Oprah's annual 'Favorite Things' show, when I realized I've already missed it entirely (it aired the week of November 24th). Now worries, though -- the economy has been especially rough on this talk show host, apparently, because her show featured "Recession-Friendly Gifts that Cost Next to Nothing". 'YOU get a pinecone ornament! YOU get a pinecone ornament! You're ALL getting pinecone ornaments!!' If I had managed to get tickets to that show, I would not have left the premises without a fridge with an LCD TV in it. Bah humbug, Oprah!

4 comments:

BS said...

When you have a spolier alert you aren't supposed to put the spoiler on the same line!

Lindsey said...

haha, love that B is complaining that HOUSEWIVES was ruined for him!

In other news, the Oprah "My Favorite Free Piece of Crap Things" was one of the worst shows of all time. I mean, I know times are tough, but at least show me some $20 steals, not a freaking used clothes swap.

And I love your Biggest L concept. Have them do it without the money prize. Really and truly for their own good. As long as they NEVER let stupid Vicky back again.

Did you watch my girl Whit? Planning that for Saturday morning Sugar Snuggle time. Will report back.

Emily Malone said...

LOVE your idea for biggest loser next season. all-stars is always a favorite of mine, and failed all-stars sounds even better.

linds and i were totally duped by oprah as well. we both set our DVRs to start recording new episodes starting early november, so we were sure to NOT miss favorite things!

the only thing that made me more mad than NOT getting to see favorite things was imagining the rage of those that were in the audience. i cannot believe there was no mutiny.

and i cackled out loud at "you get a pinecone, and YOU get a pinecone" ...

hahahahaaaa :)

Emily Malone said...

love that by the time i published this comment i discovered linds and i were commenting simultaneously:)