Friday, January 9, 2009

DFS strikes again.

Ok, I'm used to experiencing Displaced Fan Syndrome... I live in Jacksonville and root for the Colts. But for the most part, college football is off my radar.

Today, there's no escaping it. UF won the championship last night, for the second time in 3 years. While I appreciated the traffic-free commute this morning (apparently the day after a Gators win is some sort of corporate holiday?), there are other things I can't stand. I am surrounded by orange and blue, running commentary of last night's BCS championship game, and general screams of, "Go Gators!" How can the state that holds the highest population of relocatees have such an overwhelming collegiate following?

I never liked Ohio State, and I never understood the OSU/UF rivalry, but I *was* raised to root for the Big 10. Therefore, my annoyance level has officially reached its peak. One more Tim Tebow comment (btw, his mom shops in my store, and she is preeeeeetty thrifty for having a son about to sign in the NFL...) and you'll find me somewhere in the middle of Peterbrooke, most likely covered in chocolate popcorn. I can't take it!

3 comments:

Emily Malone said...

my guess is that the lack of traffic was less "holiday", and more hangover...

Anonymous said...

I hope G Sus (tebow) does make it to the nfl. Then polamalu, foote and harrison will tackle him so hard he'll wish he was still in ethiopia baptizing little kids. :)

Mary Ann* said...

'In ethiopia baptizing little kids'! Hahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!