Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Trend Alert: Orla @ Target!

One of my very first employee discount purchases at my new job this fall was a gloriously quirky handbag by London-based designer Orla Kiely. It has been my only purchase of hers so far, but I have been coveting her goods online since I discovered her bold patterns, retro-inspired prints, and generally ADORABLE designs.

When I heard from a co-worker that Orla was coming to Target in February, my excitement simply could not be contained. I immediately came home and googled my new favoritey-fave designer. Sadly, I was under the assumption that Orla would be designing clothing for Target's featured designer apparel lines. It turns out she is launching home goods only at Target. My print shift dress for $48 (I mean, I think this can be done, Orla) will have to wait, and I will instead focus my saved-up Target gift cards on cute things for the kitchen. Orla's line will focus on dinner and serveware, table linens, storage boxes, and closet organization (something near and dear to my heart). Even though I am thoroughly distraught that Orla's clothing is still exponentially out of my financial reach, I will still hit Target on February 1st to see what she has to offer. I mean, how cute are those pears?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

o rla?

Jen Lilley said...

Is that dress looking thing at the bottom an apron?? SO cute!!

Lindsey said...

i need that tiered stand.
is this the inspiration i need to redo my kitchen in retro theme???
and i heard on oprah that target gives lots of money back to the community and we are basically being amazing citizens with each and every dollar we spend at target.

Anonymous said...

Haha, "favoritey-fave." Love it.

Mary Ann* said...

Tab, "favoritey-fave" is an expression I picked up from my dear friend Linds (when she used to blog). I think she used it reference to a wonderful person who worked on posting photos on a website for a race Linds ran, and had chosen a tragic outfit (L's words, not mine!) The lady took the photo down per Linds's request, and thus became her 'favoritey-fave' person of the week. All credit to her, and I love her for it! :)

Lindsey said...

glad to know my legacy, but not my blog, live on.