Sunday, May 3, 2009

To Do.

If you compare my number of posts about knitting to number of posts about television programming, I'm pretty sure we'll all agree that the name is this blog is beyond misleading (maryannthefatasswholovestv.blogspot.com was taken!). Knitting is a hobby that I ADORE, but I don't always have a ton of time for it. TV is something that has always been, and will always be, an integral part of my life. The fabulous things I see there sometimes need to be shared with others (namely, my blog readers). Sometimes I let you know exactly how to program your DVR for the upcoming week, and sometimes I just give little shout-outs to a new gem I think you shouldn't miss. Either way, I feel it's partly my duty as a blogger to alert you to upcoming can't miss eps and specials.

This week is a big to-do list week for me, as I am leaving on Thursday morning for Emily's wedding! I can't WAIT, and my Blackberry is full of miscellaneous tasks to accomplish before I set foot on that plane (luckily, I have finally synced my to-do and shopping lists to my PinkBerry, making my life SO much easier). When I was working through my Saturday list yesterday, I knew I had to post a quick blog (I was checking off "Set DVR for Sunday-Sunday"). I'm not going to post the entirety of my DVR to-do list, but there are some must see's for the upcoming week:

Tuesday, May 5th:

American Idol
, 8pm, FOX: A lot of you have stopped watching, I know. And after last week's guest mentor (Jamie FOXX?! Most Americans don't even recognize him as a musical artist!), I almost fell off the bandwagon myself. But this show is nothing if not monumentally ridiculous, and it will be sure to hold its own in entertainment value with this week's theme: rock and roll. The guest mentor? SLASH. Credibility is slipping through the producers' fingertips.

Biggest Loser
, 8pm, NBC: With only one ep between us and this season's finale, the 4 finalists learn that their final challenge is to run a MARATHON. Having tackled a half mara earlier in the season, I think they will actually all do pretty well (with the exception of poor Ron...). I'm excited to see how much more weight the contestants have lost in their 30 days at home (and to see if Helen has managed to keep her hair under control).

The Real Housewives of New York City
, 10pm, Bravo: I am about done with this season, not because of its lack of entertainment, but since seeing the preview for the Housewives of JERSEY, I simply cannot wait! Talks of mafia dealings, former prostitution, and general scandal are already outshining all locations and seasons of previous Housewives. I'm already confused as to how everyone is related. A future blog post will probably break it down into some sort of twisted family tree.

Thursday, May 7th:

The Fashion Show
, 10pm, Bravo: Since losing their legal battle and subsequently losing Heidi and Tim, I think this new series is Bravo's answer to the now absent Runway.

Saturday, May 9th (Emily's wedding day!):

Ace of Cakes, 9pm, Food Network: An hour-long special! Duff and the gang head to Hawaii (love) to create a special cake for the cast of "Lost" (hate). I love, love, love this show, and wanted to point out the special airing time and length!

Saturday Night Live, 11:30 pm, NBC: JUSTIN. TIMBERLAKE. HOSTS. Ciara is the musical guest, which means there is a 100% chance that they will sing that "Love, Sex, Magic" number together (speaking of, have you seen the VIDEO? Hotttttttt...) Timber is always hilarious on SNL, and I can't wait to watch this hungover with Lindsey on Sunday afternoon.
Grab your remotes, set your timers, and ENJOY!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

a very lazy post-marathon sunday (you would have thought i actually ran the 26.2 for my level of exhaustion) i was able to catch the RH of NJ preview and could NOT be more excited! is like a glimpse into the mafia wife lifestyle I have dreamed of living since i saw the godfather at age 13. also, during said show saw the commercial for Fashion Show, I had NEVER heard of it before. TG I caught the commercials for that one. Is set to record Thursday at 11:30p (10p time slot conflict with Southland) and we will do Friday morning frosting/fashion sesh in my living room.
See you THURSDAY!!!!!!!!