Sunday, April 26, 2009

KGC?

Love free food? Me too! It's no secret that getting healthy food at a low price can be difficult (in fact, I've blogged about it before). But this Monday (April 27th), you can stop by any KFC and pick up a FREE piece of their new grilled chicken! A breast piece clocks in at 180 calories and 4 grams of fat, and it packs a whopping 35 grams of protein. You can also do what I do, and double your offer by hitting the lobby, then the drive thru. Sometimes, if you are suuuuuper nice and polite, and the person at the window isn't in too terrible of a mood, you can even claim that you are picking up the free offer for your boss at work, who simply cannot make it out of the office today. Early reviews online claim that the Colonel has not quite perfected this recipe, and most people said it was dry, bland, and even rubbery (ew!). But at least you can check it out for yourself without parting with any cash.

Normally I would suggest a side item to pair with your free chunk of poultry, but until I see a vegetable offering at KFC not smothered in cheese or butter, I'm not sure what to recommend. Personally, I don't even know if I can partake in this offer, because I cannot stay away from the coleslaw OR the dreaded biscuit. KFC's website claims that they offer green salads, but I have never seen that option on my local menu board. My advice? Pick up the free chick and pair it with a fast food side salad or leafy greens from your local grocer. Or, scarf it up all on its own!

Is this post finally enough to get me a job offer from Hungry Girl? Enjoy your free food!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

did you try it? i am scared. even the picture doesn't look that good.
let me know!!!!!!
plus there is NO way i would make it out of that drive-thru without a piping hot biscuit with honey in my tg bag.

Jen Lilley said...

I agree with Lindsey..and I bet it comes to the store frozen with those "grill marks" somehow already on them... did you get one? review?

Mary Ann* said...

I did not sample the goods, so I cannot review. I agree about the grill marks, though. Despite having to go out of my way to hit up a KFC, that morning the CFA peeps dropped off coupons for free salads :)

I would like to point out that mere hours after this post, HG's daily email included the KFC tip. I am SUCH an insider. Who do I pitch my show to?