Sunday, April 12, 2009

Make it Work!

I think it was nearly 2 months ago when a customer in my store was shopping for an outfit to wear to the season finale of Project Runway Season 6 (at New York Fashion Week). I obviously helped her select something fabulous before pumping her for all deets on Runway (her brother was a camera guy or something). Since I had not been following the entire legal debacle that has kept this top 5 all-time favorite show off the air, I was thrilled to hear that the entire season had already been filmed. A quick trip to wiki tells me that this season will air this summer on Lifetime (not a minute too soon, TG!).

In the meantime, how am I to get my Tim Gunn fix? Lucky for me, this week is one of the greatest weeks of Biggest Loser -- MAKEOVER WEEK! Last season, Christian Siriano helped the new skinnies go from drab to fab. This time around, Tim Gunn is showing up! I love, love, love him and am so excited to see him on this week's Loser.

Writing this post reminds me of a question that crossed my mind a few weeks ago when the black team won a trip of 24 hour luxury. The contestants show up on campus with not much luggage, presumably only including various size tees in their team colors, Hanes hoodies, and Bondi Bands. When they win a trip home or a dinner away from campus, where do they procure the new clothes to fit their forever-changing body shapes? Is there a personal stylist for the show? Or do they work a quick Macy*s stop into the trip to the airport? I expect to see someone who lost 100 pounds on campus headed home in oversized sweatpants and a huge t-shirt. Who magically hooks them up with fitted button-downs and perfect makeup?

In other guest appearance news this week, Miley performs on Idol! Let's hope Billy Ray doesn't show up.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

cannot wait for a p.runway summer.
i love tim gunn and i love p.runway!
have you seen tim gunn guide to style?
is an hour of tim, love it!
i so want him to walk me down the aisle one day.