Friday, May 16, 2008

As promised...

... here are some pics of my first successful knit garment!

Excuse the fact that I look 72% bald; I had just gotten home from work and it was pouring down rain outside.



You can see I chose to add a button at the bottom instead of pin it together at the top, as the pattern called for. I wasn't sure about this decision, because it kept slipping off my shoulders throughout the day, but everyone at work assured me that they loved the bottom button. If I made it again, I'd go a bit smaller and find a great pin for the top. I think next winter I will definitely need this piece in a steely grey color. Here's the back, which shows the raglan sleeve increases a bit better:





And finally, a pic of it flat (I tried putting it on a hanger, but it was too droopy in the shoulders).


All in all, a v. easy and satisfying project to knit. The only complaint I can muster is that the Bernat Bamboo yarn was *so* sheddy -- it was all over my camisole by the end of the day. I am so lazy, however, and I didn't even block the sweater when it was done, so the steam might have eliminated that problem.

As long as I'm posting pictures, here's the latest one of the kittens (Deane captured it today...) I like the raccoon-y striped one :)

Let me know what you think of my first attempt at knitwear! Also let me know if you'd like an adorable miniature kitten... :)

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

You make things so hard for me. It is impossible to decide what is more adorable: the capelet or the kittens.
both are precious!

Anonymous said...

those cats will be champions
ville pickle

Emily Malone said...

the capelet is ADORABLE and you look super skinny!

i want a kitten.

qwadro said...

solar panelsLearn About Personal Injury Law
happy thanksgiving to you as well. it was so delicious here. it was my 1st thanksgiving home cooked meal ever... my mom, brother & dad were such a big help. now i understand why my mom is always so tired after the meal. it's tons of work to get a whole meal planned & run through smoothly. women or even men that do this on a normal basics are so talented. fun! (: