Wednesday, May 28, 2008

You can keep your ProActiv commercials, too.

I've never been a Jessica Simpson fan. Maybe it's the fact that her birthday is the day before mine. Maybe I hate her for ruining Nick. I definitely can't stand her for making me see her mug on SportsCenter or during otherwise enjoyable NFL games (but I do love the jinxing of Romo).

Now she's infiltrated country music. I heard this little tune on the way home from work yesterday, and I was appalled when the DJ tried to support her -- he played the song first, asked listeners to guess who it was (the majority went with Julianne Hough -- sidenote, Em and Linds, how was she with the National Anthem at Indy?), then revealed the "artist". He was trying to claim that the song was pretty great, and country music fans shouldn't shy off of it because of the fact that Jessica Simpson sings it. Lucky for me, I hated it anyway.

Listen here and judge for yourself. Leave a comment with your opinion!

1 comment:

Emily Malone said...

First off, I dont know why Julianne Hough is pretending to be a singer. She is a skank.

Simpson needs to stop. She wasn't even a successful pop singer (although we all know my love for Sweetest Sin).

She should stick to designing shoes. They are half decent when not covered in leapard print.