Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MA -- Miscellaneous Accomplishments.

A few things have happened the past couple of days...

I actually finished my Anthro-inspired capelet on Saturday, but have not yet taken pictures. There are a few reasons for this, but I would say the biggest one is that I am trying to nail this new Lauren Conrad-esque braided hair as a headband type hairstyle, and I haven't gotten it to look like much other than a rat's nest yet. I promise pics will be up soon (when I figure out how to make my hair cute, I mean).

Monday was my first *official* day of 5 weeks to a 5k training. I was instructed to "circuit 20 minutes", which means jog 'til you're winded, then walk to catch your breath, then jog again, for a total of 20 minutes. Much inspired by a new playlist sent my way by Linds (thanks, lady!), I started on my 5 minute warmup walk. I then started jogging, and when I looked down at my watch, was already at 18 minutes! I knew I could make it another 7, and I did -- my first time jogging for a full 20 minutes. A small accomplishment, but one that was much celebrated by way of new Nike DriFit running shorts (40% off PLUS employee discount...!).

Tonight, Deane made a delicious dinner of lean steak and pepper skewers on the grill and king crab legs, which helped me stay within my fitday.com required limits :) So tasty and healthy! He is a great cook and always wants to try new things (I had *no* idea how to make crab legs), and I love that. He also finished grouting the new shower in the bathroom and sanding the imperfections in the walls. We are so close to a fully remodeled master bath, all compliments of my v. handy man. Lots of productivity in this house!

Today I started my first original pattern -- a cropped black vest in Paton's Pooch. I have a serious love/hate relationship with this yarn. It has lots of adorable bobbles throughout, which is fabulous for covering mistakes, but it takes 2 full reruns of One Tree Hill (DVR'ed, no commercials) to cast on 81 stitches and knit the first row. For a super bulky yarn, it does *not* knit up quickly, and creates a lot of confusion within stitches (is it a loopy loop or an actual stitch?). Halfway through Idol, I thought about frogging the whole thing, but I am going to stick with it and see what happens. I am really hooked on knitting things I can wear now.

Pics soon! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

love that me and hannah helped you through the first 20 minute run! congrats lady, you are doing great!!!

qwadro said...

happy thanksgiving to you as well. it was so delicious here. it was my 1st thanksgiving home cooked meal ever... my mom, brother & dad were such a big help. now i understand why my mom is always so tired after the meal. it's tons of work to get a whole meal planned & run through smoothly. women or even men that do this on a normal basics are so talented. fun! (:
solar panelsLearn About Personal Injury Law