Thursday, November 6, 2008

Steelers Sabotage.

Today, I walked into my office at 12pm, the start of my weekly closing shift. I was greeted with this: an onslaught of black and gold, and a strong smell of latex. Tabitha and Lauren had snuck into my office the night before to re-decorate in honor of the Steelers-Colts matchup this Sunday. (I say sneak, but it wasn't so much of a break-in, more of a 'get everyone in on this prank, haha on MA*', as my management staff are the ones who let them in). Here are some pictures of the fine craftsmanship of Tab and Lauren:










You may be able to see that the Steelers banner is covering up my coveted Peyton DirecTV banner (still smells like bar smoke!) and the homemade "Black and Gold is How We Roll" poster covers up my Manning officially licensed NFL poster. Upon finding this debauchery, I immediately phoned Tabitha and gave her a good stern talking-to. About an hour after the fact, when I reached for a pen, I realized all the writing utensils in my desktop cup had been replaced with Steelers pens! An excellent touch.

This fine showmanship of creativity (and commitment of time!) could not go without notice, nor will this prank go unanswered. I am opening up the comment log on this post to ideas for Tabitha payback. Give me your best pranks, people! (Dean, who is here while I type, just suggested 'cream cheese deodorant stick' and 'vinegar in ketchup bottle', both fine submissions).

Luckily, I have been a good sport about this prank, in part because as of RIGHT NOW, I have only 6.5 more shifts left at Beall's! I will be starting my new job on November 17th! I cannot wait to start as the apparel manager in a creative, fun environment, surrounded my clothes I LOVE. I am sure I will post on this topic at length in the future.

In the meantime, get those prank ideas rolling... and go horse!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its fitting that I post the first comment on this wonderful blog entry.

first, i just want to say; i have been looking forward to this day for months. and im so happy it went down the way it did. (thank you lauren for helping me)

second, i dont really know how ur gonna get cream cheese into my deodorant stick and im from pittsburgh, we've been known to eat vinegar on our fries. so thats not gonna work either.

but i will say, bring on the repercussions.

lastly, thank you for being a coltz fan and a fantastic sport, bc otherwise this wouldnt have been so much fun.

Emily Malone said...

WOW! the black and gold makes me want to puke, but that is one hell of a prank!

also loving the new blog format.

forget pranks, what if you just fire her? :)

(kidding tabitha!)

Anonymous said...

lol...funny.

and the black and gold...making you want to puke...i take that as a compliment :)