Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blame it on the rain.

I have formally committed to myself to not post any more Fay projected paths, rainfalls, advisories, etc., but I am excited to report that her antics amounted to a 4 hour workday today (spent watching news and Regis and Kelly), and absolutely no work tomorrow. After a blustery drive home and an essential gas station stop for supplies (Miller Lite, Smartfood White Cheddar, M&Ms), I made it home safely. We only lost power for about 3 hours in the afternoon, giving me the perfect napping opportunity. Since it's back on for now, I thought I should take this time to post.

Anakin's blanket is so. close. to. finished. I want to post a pic, but there are a lot of things going on (two of them being the fact that I haven't had a haircut since October or worn makeup all week). I hope to get one tomorrow (picture, not haircut). In the meantime, here are a few pics of the little Jedi-in-training:


In the first one he is yawning (duh.), and the second he is snoozing (a lot like his dad, this one) with the musical Octi I sent him (Lamaze makes some *amazing* baby toys). Do you see how close his current blanket resembles the one that I am knitting? I don't know her purchased this for you, little nephew, but I hope your parents know it should only serve as a placemarker for the blanket you will carry with you throughout your life and certainly with you off to college (film school?). Thanks to Michael for getting these up on flickr. When I have children, they will most likely be in preschool before I get their baby pics uploaded.

In other knitting-related news, I picked up the black and orange yarns for Lindsey's Bengals scarf. I didn't have a Palmer jersey to wear to the store to get the color match (I had to rock Manning when going to JoAnn for a perfect Colts blue match), but I think I handled the decision nicely. V. similar to a Mood trip on P. Runway. Linds, I am thinking this scarf is going to be a longer, much skinnier version of the Colts scarf I made for Em last fall. Let me know if you like the ribbed pattern and the fringe. I am planning on making the end stripes and fringe in black, wth alternating blocks of orange, in big rugby stripes.

The rain continues for its 13th unforgiving hour in a row, and looks to not let up for a few more days. If we hang on to our power, look forward to a delirious, cabin-fever induced blog post this weekend.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

who dey knew i could love you any more? thank you so much for swallowing your vom and putting the black and orange on your knitting needles. i haven't been this excited since the last dlo reunion! hope you have an adore pair of coach wellies to help you make your way through fay!