Sunday, August 10, 2008

Let's face facts.

I really do want to be a good, interesting, witty, prolific blogger.

Truth is, I am NOT.

That said, here are some quick reasons as to why I am the worst blogger ever, not updating in a record-setting 12 days.

1. I need a job with more internet connectivity. So many things happen during the day that I think would be hilarious to blog, and by the time I get home, I am too tired/brain dead to remember or care to post about them. New phone time is next month, am thinking about an internet capable beauty (can anyone recommend anything from Verizon?)

2. I'm also a slacker in the knitting department. Hot, humid, stormy, sweaty Florida summer has left me to do not much of anything other than get to work and lay around like a slug.

3. I find awesome, incredible blogs like this one one that make me think mine is worthless and un-interesting. This Mario scarf, however, is SO inspirational, and this blogger is my new hero. She also rocks a sick tat, the likes of which I would get if ever I decided to ink my skin. I am hoping she will be able to provide me with a Koopa Troopa pattern in the near future.


4. I have Phelps Phever. Much like Emily posted about, for the next 2 weeks I will do nothing other than watch every drop of Olympic coverage. Thanks to the ever-helpful folks at DirecTV, we have 24 hour a day broadcasting on 7 different channels, complete with a helpful guide to show us the medal race and upcoming scheduling.


5. The return of the horse. Despite shelling out over 300 bucks for a season's worth of games in the comfort of my living room, the aforementioned wonderful people at DirecTV have not yet given up baseball coverage, meaning my dolla dollas did not pay for preseason coverage of the boys in blue. Last week's game had national coverage; this week's did not (have I mentioned how much I hate teal?). I have been avoiding sports journalism, however, worried that if I hear the word "Favre" one more time, I might be turned off to the sport altogether. Once September 7th rolls around, I will officially be off the radar for 16 glorious Sundays.



Now that I've admitted my shortcoming, perhaps I can get my act together and get back to posting regularly. My new goal? To go an entire month without having to apologize for my lack of updates. We'll see how it goes.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Dude. Imagine the horrors of living in WISCONSIN during this Favre madness. It is RIDICULOUS. And I don't really care much about football (pro or not) (sorry) but MAN, is it getting old. The constant, "What do YOU think?" Ugh.

Anyway. It's bad.

But! Love the Phelps and the Olympics in general. Wish I had DirecTV so I could have the awesome medal count, etc. Alas, we have some unfortunate tree-age in our neighborhood, so...no satellite possibilities.

Loveyou!

Donna said...

I haven't been this excited to watch summer Olympics since my love for Mark Spitz!! (Go Hoosiers!) I love Michael Phelps!! I, too,am sick, sick, sick of Packer #4 (and I used to really like him) but he needs to take his toys and go home and get over himself!! MA, I know it's hot but my grandson needs his blankie...Love you!

Emily Malone said...

This conversation occurred in our (new!) living room this morning:

Emily: I loooove Michael Phelps. I am so excited for him. Do you think he can win all eight?

Casey: I dont think I want him to. I dont want him to break Mark Spitz's record.

Emily: Why?!? He is BETTER than Mark Spitz!

Casey: Because Mark Spitz is from INDIANA!!

:)

Donna said...

Emily: You better appreciate the obvious intelligence of your fiance. He sounds very wise to me!!! Donna

Emily Malone said...

Haha! He's out of control though. Every night he is claiming that Olympic swimming and diving wouldn't even EXIST without the city of Indianapolis. I tried to point out that another city could probably handle the training center if Indy wasn't around... :)