Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Why I should make all of my own clothing.

You may recall that I ordered an adorable, one of a kind, all things fabulous (long fit, soft tee, great screen) tunic tee from Dick's Sporting Goods online about... oh, forever ago. Shortly thereafter, I received an email stating that the item was on backorder. Needless to say, I have still not received this coveted item. Today, I received this very helpful email:


Dear Valued Customer:
Thank you for placing your recent order.
Unfortunately, we have learned that there will be a short delay in shipping your order due to high consumer demand. Our supplier recently informed us that our order for your backordered item(s) has been delayed, thus preventing us from shipping the merchandise within the originally stated time. If your order has not shipped within 30 days of this notice, we will be required to cancel the order. Please remember that your credit card will not be charged until the order is processedand actually ships to you.
If you would like us to cancel your order at this time please call our Customer Service department and we will be happy to accommodate your request.
We apologize for the delay in shipping.
Sincerely,
Customer Sales and Service
Please note: Please do not reply to this email. This email was sent from a notification-only address and cannot accept incoming email. Please contact our online Help Desk if you have further questions.


It probably goes without saying that "Customer Sales and Service" did not provide the number to the above mentioned "Service Department" or "Help Desk". And, as much as I believe in others' love for the Colts, there is no way in hell you already sold out of this item. More like it got hung up in customs. Here's an idea, Dick -- don't put it on the WEBSITE until it's AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. 30 days will put us well into the season, and I am not about to rock this tee after every other Indy girl gets her hands on it.

It's bad enough I have displaced fan syndrome. I don't need online retailers disappointing me, too.

1 comment:

Emily Malone said...

PAINFUL. apparently there is something going on with the mail where everything is delayed. look forward to my 2 hour rant on this in person:)

good thing you have an entire starting line up of jerseys to get you through these dark days of delays.