Tuesday, October 7, 2008

CHOMP CHOMP.

One of the most fun things about knitting is hopping online and seeing all of the ridiculous patterns/projects others have embarked upon. Let's be honest about one thing: I am a complete nerd. The majority of those who knit are nerds. You would be surprised by the number of blogs I have come across featuring patterns in computer code, and lots of inside jokes I could never understand.

One shared passion between me and this community of nerds is our love of Nintendo. Never one to be lured by the advanced graphics and plotlines of xbox and playstation games, I have remain tried and true to Mario and Yoshi. Ever since I realized any pixelated image from these old-school games would translate nicely into a knitting project, it's been hard to narrow down which Nintendo project I would start on first.

Enter Chain Chomp (pictured above). Featured throughout the Mario Bros. series of games, Chomp is a worthy adversary of Mario, Luigi, & co. When I saw this hat pattern, I knew my brother Joey HAD to have it.


So, Yoshi tote bag will have to wait as I search for the yarn needed to complete Chomp. To see more awesome Nintendo-inspired projects, check out the link to "The Mario Scarf Project".

Holcs, I might end up knitting this for you (for Christmas 2014):


I love etsy...!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

how much do i love that my "who dey" scarf is no. 1 on the needles, pretty sure that is the ONLY place the bengals are ranked #1 this season.

Emily Malone said...

MIKE TYSON PUNCHOUT!!! Ohhhh i want to leave work right now and run home and hook up my old nintendo. I would spend all day in pure joy, wearing out my thumbs, blowing in cartridges til I'm blue, and trying to find the princess in another castle...

LOVE IT! :)

Anonymous said...

yarrrn!

Mary Ann* said...

michael, that tee RULES. can you find me the goomba tee the girl in the punchout scarf is wearing?? and also get it for me for christmas? :)

Unknown said...

I'll just leave this here:

Tyson Scarf on Amazon