Monday, October 6, 2008

TA-DA!!

You may recall a post back in June when I had recently gotten the fabulous news that I would soon be an aunt! I was toiling with the decision of what yarn to choose for what would become the most insane project I have knit to date.

I can't pinpoint the day I cast on this project, but it was somewhere between June 20th and June 23rd. Anakin came on August 4th, 2008, and I was nowhere near done with his Linus-replica blankie (inspired by his middle name).

Today, 3 1/2 months later, I can proudly say that this project is OFF. THE. NEEDLES. The finished dimensions are 26" wide by 38" long, and knit with a v. light baby-weight super soft yarn, this beast contains an approximate 46,208 stitches (which actually seems like a lot fewer than it felt like).


Here you can see me holding up the finished work, a close up of the stitch pattern as it is bundled up and ready for delivery, and the dimensions after blocking (the silver thing is a ruler!)






I must admit, I had a bit of a separation anxiety attack when I was binding off the last 20 or so stitches. Anakin Leonard Linus, I know you will treasure this blankie as much as your daddy cherishes caveman Zeke and all his stuffed kids. I hope it is big enough to grow with you over the years!

What will Aunt Sis knit next...?!

2 comments:

Donna said...

What a beautiful job, AUNT SIS!!!!

Lindsey said...

ma*, as you will one day be an official dlo aunt i feel i should warn you now that i plan to visit a bank/adopt a baby somewhere around my 37th birthday. fair warning for the knitting of my very own baby blankie! you are amazing!!!!