Friday, June 20, 2008

Linus love.

I need to pick up the yarn for Anakin's blanket tomorrow to get started this weekend. I want to use baby boucle, which is a bit bulky, but I am worried about larger stitches and little ones trying to put tiny adorable fingers through the holes. Sport weight yarn will take soooooo long to knit, and history has proven that I am not a deadline knitter. I think the worry will win out, however, and I will go with the more lightweight, closer knit yarn. The good news is, I am trying to make a Linus replica, so the pattern is going to be pretty mindless. I am thinking a garter stitch border with a simple moss stich pattern throughout. I might make it up on my own, simply because I cannot possible wade through the options -- my ravelry search produced 843 pattern results. The one thing I know is, I do not want to end up saying, "I wish I had splurged on better yarn" when I am halfway through this project. Only the best for my new nephew... I might even ignore the clearance yarns!



On an unrealted note, I purchased the "Legally Blond" Original Broadway Cast Recording this morning, and I am in love. I forgot what a fan of musical theatre I am! If you love to sing at the top of your lungs, and if "Legally Blond" is within your top 15 favorite movies of all time, you will die for this soundtrack. If you are lucky enough to have a music-sharing relationship with me, I can send you a copy.




Beer Tour Round 2 tonight at Mellow! Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

how much do i love that i am in a "music sharing relationship" with you!

cannot wait to hear about round 2 of the beer tour, take pics!

thank you thank you for the $26.20, i love the idea of that donation amount, sooooo fun!