Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome to Moe's!

I love contests. I have every radio station's phone number in my phone and will try consistently to win tickets to great country concerts, Jordin Sparks and Jesse McCartney, or even a movie premiere of something I hardly care about seeing. Free stuff is SO great!

When I saw that a new Moe's Southwest Grill was opening across the street from my store, I couldn't contain my excitement. I drove by every day to check on the construction status (I have also recently included ChikFilA's new location in this loop). It went up in no time, opened the beginning of last week, and Moo Moo Mr. Cow is now a part of my regular weekly lunch schedule. The greatest thing of all about Moe's was that I knew they would do their "Free Burritos for a Year" giveaway during their grand opening (officially held Saturday June 7th). When Moe's opened its doors Saturday morning at 11 am, the first 100 customers would receive free burritos for a year!! Sadly, I could not participate due to a work conflict. However, I could not go without recognizing 2 individuals who were setting up camp when I went to Moe's on Friday at 1:30 pm for lunch. It was 103 degrees outside, and they had lawn chairs on pavement as near to the door as possible. They were also unloading a grill, several coolers, and a lot of tailgating paraphernalia. This scene really made my day, knowing that someone's priorities were in order... free burritos above all else. I was even happier when I saw their Indiana University front license plate. I should have known this behavior would come from Bloomington!

I'm hoping to see these gentlemen again in a few weeks when ChilFilA has their grand opening, complete with their "Free Value Meals for a Year" for the first 100 customers.

If there's anything I love more than fajita bars, it's burrito enthusiasts from Indiana.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Those Hoosiers love their free food!! Just like me - it's in your bloodlines!! Take heart - you've still got a chance at the free Chick-Fil-A for a year!

Emily Malone said...

you are obviously calling in sick the day the Chik-fil-A opens. You cannot miss that!

one of my favorite free food challenges is when people wrap themselves in foil and head to chipotle on halloween for free burritos!