Monday, June 16, 2008

Aunt Sis!

Yesterday I received some fabulous news that will take my knitting to a place it has never been before... BABY STUFF :)

My brother Michael and his girlfriend Kimberly will be welcoming Anakin Leonard Linus Smock on or around July 30th (Michael and I already dominate the month of July with birthdays, so I'm hoping he can hold off until August 1st...!)

I am so excited to be an AUNT and just as excited to know that Michael, Kimberly, Cloƫ (her daughter), and Anakin will be settling in Lexington, KY. This means more visits to the midwest, more DLO reunions, country concerts, wedding detail planning, and new nephew spoiling. Hurrah for multi-purpose trips!

I'm really suppressing the urge to post a sonogram picture, but I refuse to be that girl. I wouldn't even go there if this child was my own, as I can recall many a catty comment made (by me) regarding people who post pre-baby pics. I will assure you, however, that I can already tell he is utterly adorable.

My two brothers have always refered to me as "Sis", so of course Anakin will refer to me as "Aunt Sis" (according to Michael). I am knitting away furiously to finish my Colts square so I can start his blankie (a Peanuts-inspired Linus replica). Joey has already purchased him two hilarious t-shirts (my favorite reads, "Now that I'm safe... I'm pro-choice!"). This kid is going to have it all :)

Can't wait for you to get here, Anakin! And congratulations, Michael and Kimberly!

2 comments:

Emily Malone said...

Yay! Love babies. Most of all, love that your brother is moving within 2 hours of my house, so you can visit that much more!

Can I know more about the chosen baby name? It is a Star Wars nod?

Lindsey said...

Aunt Sis! You will be the best auntie. Homemade onesies with sharpie designs for every baby milestone. I think this may be a new business venture for you!
Congrats lady! And Donna will be the BEST g-mother!!!!!