Sunday, October 26, 2008

WhoDEY!

A quick Sunday evening post to declare another project off the needles! As of 5 minutes ago, Lindsey's WhoDey lunchtime scarf is complete!

I hate to post pics before this little lover reaches her Cinci destination, but I was excited to have her finished. This scarf is of my own design, knit in a basic 1x1 rib with 16x16 stitch blocks. You can use any yarn (obv), but I used "Peaches & Creme" worsted weight, 70 oz. of each color ("11-Sunburst" and "2-Black"). I worked the scarf until it reached 7' in length (!), and then added black fringe to the ends, so it is about 8 feet long overall! It is skinny and super stretchy, so Linds will be able to bundle up for the chillier Bengals games this winter.

I dubbed this pattern the "Lunchtime Scarf" because I would knit 1-2 blocks on my lunch hour at work. It helped me relax and prep for the second half of my usually horrific days, but it didn't go without garnering some weird looks from other patrons of my favorite lunch establishments (mostly, I work the Chili's, Moe's, ChickFilA circuit). Toward the end, I stopped knitting it at lunch because it was so long (and I was reading the new Nicholas Sparks book, look for a review in a later post!).



Of course, a post celebrating a finished project would not be complete without a picture of me in my pajamas with no makeup on and a pony that has seen better days. This blogger has no shame -- enjoy :)

I have never been one to believe in superstitious sports rituals, but maybe the completion of this scarf will pull the Bengals out of their 0-8 slump. If they win next week, I will believe in the jinx of the project-in-progress and finish my Colts square right away!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE it, LOVE you, cannot wait to wrap up in this baby and watch the bengals lose another one.
Will send you pics of me modeling this precious precious gift once she arrives.
Words cannot express my gratitude, and i promise i won't ask you to knit another thing for me...until it is baby blankie time.

Anonymous said...

can not believe ur wearing that!!! id never ask u to wear my steelers scarf. u'd burst into flames.