Monday, March 2, 2009

90% Sure.

After looking at paint chips, magazines, and countless websites, I'm fairly certain that we have settled on our wedding color palette...I know I was initially leaning towards yellow, charcoal, and white, but how could I abandon my love of beautiful, beautiful green? With a almost-sort-of-in-stone-kinda date set of November 7th (yes, *this* year), yellow just seemed too summery, and I love how adding a pop of deep purple (that I've claimed would be my wedding color since the age of 4, thanks for the reminder Mom) makes it winter-inspired without screaming Christmas.

Thoughts?

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

purple is my faaavorite! will gladly be the "purple" bridesmaid (re: sex and the city movie).
also, need you to photoshop a big ol' sparkler on your little bubbly girl icon!!!!

Donna said...

It will be beautiful ....and it's the same green as on the Publix wedding ad! Glad you are not forgetting your beloved purple (and it is THE COLOR of the fashion year--light, dark, medium -everybody is wearing purple)!!

Emily Malone said...

oooohh i LOVE PURPLE! can we wear purple dresses, please please pleaaase?

very mardi gras! i love it! :)

(and i promise not to flash my boobs for beads until AFTER the ceremony!)

Erin said...

O. M. G. !

MA*! Get this! First of all, the cake in the upper left corner of the top collage was the inspiration for our wedding cake!!! We only did three tiers, Dots-Bow-Dots, but otherwise--my cake! Also, our colors were purple and lime green with a splash of orange!

CRAZY! Obv. I wholeheartedly approve, and think our palette was GORGEOUS--different but stunning. Great minds think alike, clearly.

Emily Malone said...

FYI peacock feathers are VERY "in", and would look great with this color combo.

things to think about...

:)

Mary Ann* said...

I looooove the peacock feathers, I want them both in my flowers and as my bmaids' earrings :)