Sunday, March 22, 2009

Results!

Friday was my day off, and I managed to accomplish quite a bit. First off, I finished the washcloth (that should have only taken me 4 hours, but somehow stretched over 4 weeks...) and donated it to Deane.
Wave if you surf!

Next, we tackled some projects on our perpetual remodel list. You may remember an older post featuring a picture of the dogs' bedroom/in-house kennel...

Roach and Lil enjoy their ScoobyDoo bedroom.

Well, I never thought I would be able to say it, but now that Roach is almost 5 and Lilly almost 4, they have really settled down and can be left to roam the house unattended when we're away. We have remodeled the spare room into a charming office and future home of VillePickle Custom Surfboards. It's not finished yet, so I will refrain from posting pictures until the built -in seating/storage solution is finished and upholstered (and I will also take that opportunity to tell you what you can do when you run out of flooring).

We had finished our bathroom several months ago, but just got around to hanging some wall decor and a towel rack.

My homemade tiki artwork.

Our so-perfect-I-could've-sworn-it-was-custom towel rack.

And the most satisfying result of all, a response to my customer complaint submitted via the ChickFilA website on Thursday:

"Dear Ms. McCusty:
Thank you for taking the time to contact Chick-fil-A. You are very important to us, and we appreciate your comments regarding the service you recently received from our Amelia Island restaurant. We also regret to hear that the Unsweet Iced Tea was not available during your recent visit. We apologize for this as our aim is to provide the highest quality food in a clean restaurant with excellent service.
Because most Chick-fil-A Restaurants are independently operated, I have forwarded your comments to Lita Fannin, Operator of the Amelia Island Restaurant, so that she is aware of your dissatisfaction.
As a token of appreciation for contacting us, I'll be sending you two Chick-fil-A CARES Guest Cards which should arrive at your provided mailing address in 7 to 10 business days. Again, thank you for your time and interest in Chick-fil-A. We appreciate your loyalty, and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.
Sincerely,
Tamara"

Thank you, Tamara! I look forward to receiving my coupons. Frankly, I don't know how I would have survived if I had to swear off CFA for good.

I also am happy to report that, on my mission to replace my most raging addiction, I have discovered two new stops on the Yum Train to HydrationTown. Sobe LifeWater has come out with a 0 calorie version of their popular beverage, and I am in LOVE with FujiApple Pear. It also has citrimax, which is supposed to help you lose weight, but I really just chug it by the bottle because it tastes like yummy, delicious apple juice -- and it's ZERO calories! I have also tried the "yumberry pomegranate", which is equally refreshing.

These little beauties were on sale 10/$10 last week at Target, along with their slightly-higher-calorie counterpart, VitaminWater10. It has 10 calories per serving (25 per bottle), and comes in 4 flavors. Never a huge fan of VityWats to begin with (I never had it, because I was afraid I would love it, and I knew it packed 120+ cals per bottle), I tried the multi-v, a daily vitamin dose lemonade flavor. It is delicious and I would definitely recommend trying it.

I'm hoping these new discoveries, in conjunction with my 3 face-to-face sessions with Jillian this past week, will lead to some great results tomorrow morning on the scale. I'll let you know!

2 comments:

Emily Malone said...

we aren't allowed to buy vitamin water at our house because tom brady is one of their spokespeople. *sigh*

love the sobe! havent heard of it or tried it - is it expensive??

love your custom artwork! i wish my dogs could roam free...

Mary Ann* said...

I too understand the Brady hatred, but Clarkson AND Underwood are VWat reps, which for me, cancels out his horribleness.

I got the sobe at target on sale for a dollar. I think it's normally 1.09 or something. So worth it!