Thursday, March 19, 2009

My pleasure.

I was unable to locate specific email addresses for CFA executives, but I just submitted this dialogue through their website. I'll let you know if I end up with any coupons.

"I love Chick-Fil-A and frequent your restaurants in various locations throughout the Jacksonville area several times per week. I have always received exemplary service and quality food, which is why I keep coming back.

This morning was my first negative experience in several years of dining with CFA. I went to the drivethru at your Yulee, FL location at approximately 6:20 am (this location opens at 6 am). I ordered a large unsweet tea, was told my total, and waited in line to get to the window. About 5 minutes later, when I pull up, the young lady at the window says, "Oh, we don't have any unsweet tea right now." I was shocked, so I replied, "Really?". I expected to be offered another beverage, or perhaps to wait a few more minutes, but instead of an apology, the employee said, "Well, you know, we JUST opened, so...". I waited a few more moments, but she said nothing else -- just stared at me -- so I drove away. No beverage, no apology, no thank you.
I have been in the customer service industry myself for over ten years, and I value honest feedback from my customers. I attempted to contact the location; twice the phone rang with no answer, the third time I was told the GM was not available and the employee on the phone "was not quite sure" when she would be in (nor did she offer to take a message or refer me to another member of management). If I could have reached this location's manager, I would like to tell them that customers should never hear excuses. Your business opens at 6 am, and it should be ready to serve its customers at the opening hour. Not only was it twenty minutes PAST the opening time, but the employee seemed to think I was in the wrong for ordering an unsweet tea! I was also offended that I was not told upon ordering that my beverage was not available; instead, I had to wait in line to learn that fact.
This is the first negative experience I have had with your restaurant, but it is one that will stay with me for several years. In this struggling economy, patrons may be fewer and fewer, but good service is free. I still cannot believe that not a single employee attempted to resolve this situation for me. I hope that this information can be passed along as a training tool that is useful for this particular franchise location. Thank You."

5 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! Good for you! Go MA*!

That was an awesome letter, all around. Kudos. Hope you get some satisfactory response.

Donna said...

You go, Mary Ann! Those of us with years (some of us with many, many, many year) have a tough time tolerating this kind of service! I am shocked that CFA would allow this to be -- they are known for their hospitality and good service. Maybe you'll get some free chicken minis! MOM

Emily Malone said...

"In this struggling economy, patrons may be fewer and fewer, but good service is free."

LOVE it. perhaps they are too busy closing their store for bible study to actually train their employees? that "closed on sunday" crap has always really annoyed me.

Lindsey said...

i'll say a little prayer...that heads will roll

Anonymous said...

should've called 911! :P