Thursday, March 5, 2009

Side Effects.

I thought I was handling this whole Diet Coke cutback pretty well, but I think it may be affecting me more than I realized...

Exhibit A: Tuesday, I was leaving Wendy's at lunchtime, looking at my PinkBerry as I was walking to my truck. I hit the unlock button on my keyfob repeatedly, and happily climbed in the driver's side. Upon settling into my seat, I went to put my water bottle in the cup holder, when I noticed it was already occupied -- by a Diet Mountain Dew can!! I have never, ever, EVER purchased or consumed this product. I took a quick glance around, and, sure enough - NOT MY TRUCK. Same year, make, model, and color, but no little chrome surfer girl on the back. I sheepishly backed out of the truck, hoped no one would notice (2 girls at the drivethru were cackling at me), and proceeded to my own truck, 2 spaces away.

Exhibit B: Yesterday I tried to use 'warmth' as concealer and mineral veil as foundation. If you're a bareminerals fan, you understand the disparity of this situation. I had to wash my face and start all over -- twice.

Exhibit C: Last night, I was having issues setting the alarm at work. I had to go find some phone numbers to resolve the sitch, and in the meantime, I misplaced my store keys. We (thanks for being such a trooper, Seth!) looked high and low and couldn't find them. Then I realized -- I must have accidently locked them in the office (don't even ask me why this is a possibility, the lock scene at this place drives me insane). I had to call my boss to drive the 20 minute trek from her house to the store to open the office for me. She opened the door - and there were no keys. The 3 of us began a new search, and about 10 minutes in, my boss picks them up, right from atop the ottoman on which I had left them. RIGHT NEXT TO THE FRONT DOOR. I felt like a total fool, apologized profusely to all parties involved, didn't get home until after 11pm, and had to be back at work at 7 am this morning.


Exhibit D: Because I was functioning on less than 5 hours of sleep, I swung in ChikFilA this morning for a large unsweet tea (not a DC, but a source of caffeine). I stirred in my 4 splendas and took a huge sip, when I quickly realized that they had given me already sweetened tea. It was a disgusting mess and I had to throw the entire thing out.

What is going on with my brain? I have always had the random ditzy moment, but this string of atrocities leads me to believe that I have cut back too much, too fast.

What a ridiculously embarrassing week.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

you got in the wrong truck? i am sorry but that is super funny! wish i had been a witness to your crawl back to the vehicle you own!

seems your brain wants it's d.c. maybe baby steps detox is the way to go.

be safe out there lady!