Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A lot of emotion for one lunch hour.

Enjoying my 5 piece nugget and side salad at Wendy's today, I noticed an advertisement for the concerts at 'Mardi Gras at Universal Studios', now through April 18th. I know these concerts happen every year, but hadn't been able to find a finalized schedule. When I saw Clarkson at the top of the list (on my tray liner), my thumbs went into lightning mode. After a LOT of browser frustration (f-ing flash!) and almost-very-public-tantrums, I discovered what I was looking for: the performer for Saturday, March 14th, when Linds and I rendezvous in Orlando for "Legally Blonde: The Musical". By this point, my Clarkson hopes were high, so it was a super slam back to reality when I uncovered this fact... Montgomery Gentry is the headliner for March 14th. It may be a slight bit better than some of the other possibilities (MC Hammer, Barenaked Ladies, NELLY), but still a total dis (particularly after seeing them spilling pools of sweat all over the stage before shitfaced Toby Keith played Riverbend this past fall).

Who will come to Orlando on March 28th for Kelly's show? I am going back to work with a heavy heart this afternoon.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

so close, but no clarkson.
i forgot about just how wasted toby was last year!
i really hate montgomery gentry, but i do agree they somehow manage to be one of the better bands (really Hammer????)

Emily Malone said...

sad for you two, but selfishly glad this would not happen in my absence.

you two having a LO reunion without me is sickeningly painful enough. adding kelly is the nail in my coffin.

give a girl a break.

Mary Ann* said...

Holcs, totally fair. If you want to include trace adkins at universal into potential april dlo weekend, we can do that :) I think orlando may be the unexplored playground of the dlo!